Vehicles with any type of drivetrain or transmission will be allowed to participate (front, rear, 4x4), with a minimum age of 25 years from their date of manufacturing. The participant must show proof of minimum vehicle age (certificate of first registration, import or manufacturing).
Vehicles should comply with current traffic regulations. Before the start of the rally, the Organization will effectuate a technical and administrative check of all vehicles, asking for at least the vehicle registration certificate, vehicle safety inspection and insurance, as well as the driver's licence. Foreign participants must prove the validity of insurance and driver's licence in Spain.
- A 2kg fire extinguisher or 2 1kg fire extinguishers, which should be properly fixed within the interior of the vehicle and accessible to the team members at all times.
- Safety tool to break windows and cut seatbelts.
- 2 high visibility vests and 2 emergency triangles (the latter may be replaced by a certified emergency light that can be fixed to the car's roof).
- Mudflaps over the rear wheels to avoid launching of stones and gravel to vehicles coming up behind.
Preparation of the car
The preparation of the car is up to the participant, provided it complies with traffic regulations. If any alterations have been carried out, the team will be responsible for the alterations to be properly certified.
- Installation of a underbody plate to protect the underside of the engine and sump*
- Installation of a fuel tank cover (only applicable to plastic tanks)
- Installation of towing lug fixed at the front and rear. These can be welded or bolted, but always at a strong part of the chassis, i.e. not on the bumpers.
- OTR or M+S (winter) tyres*
- 2 spare wheels or 1 wheel + anti-puncture kit
- 5-metre sling
- Basic tool box and first aid kit
- Approved/certified roll bar and harness-type seatbelts. Harnesses are not allowed if roll bars have not been installed. The original safety belts of the vehicle may never be removed.